Thursday, May 16, 2013

That's a really cool thaaang.

I talk about my blog on my blog a lot. I recognize that, but I just really appreciate it and think it's really cool! 

So anyway, if you read yesterday, you'll know that I went to a choir concert, and it was AMAZING. I just... really wish I had continued choir in high school... anyway. I missed it a lot last night. 

But! I saw this girl named Caitlin. {Hey girl!} We were besties in Jr. High and then... somehow stopped being friends? I don't even remember, to be perfectly honest. Maybe it was just because we went to different High Schools? Who knows. But, she came up as I was talking to Colton (one of the people I went to see) and it was great to see her (and not feel weird) because I haven't seen her for YEARS. Want to know why? She reads my blog! I knew she did, because she's commented before, but it was cool to have an interaction with her. Most of the time, when I see someone that I used to know I avoid the social interaction like the plague. But last night wasn't like that. And that was really great. It was actually spectacular. And she's leaving for her mission in two weeks and let me tell you. She is going to do AMAZING. She really is. She was always a wonderful example to me when we were around each other. Really, Caitlin. You're gonna crush it. 

So, I think it's really cool that even though we haven't seen each other for a long time, we're still connected. I think it's really cool that through my blog I can stay connected to people I otherwise wouldn't really be. At least, I wouldn't FEEL connected. I like feeling connected with people outside my immediate vision. It really opens my eyes to try and see the world and situations how others see them. While I've always had an open mind, I had to be told what others were seeing/feeling/hearing a lot of the time and then accept it after that. I like figuring things out for myself, and I like that I'm doing that even more now. 

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week. Friday is TOMORROW! It would be cool, but I have to work this weekend and also teach! So, ennnh, not as excited for it. But yay for everyone else! Thanks for stopping by! 

Oh! Also, I hope none of you were too crazy invested in what I was supposed to blog about yesterday... I don't think that one's going to happen. Sorraay! 

Cheers, 
     Reille K. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)