Monday, May 6, 2013

Sixth of May: What do you do?

What do you do, if you couldn't say your job? 

Easyyyyy. I blog.

I literally think about my blog ALL the time. What I could write about, pictures I could add, posts that I could write around certain pictures, the potential behind a blog. It's on the brain, almost every single second that's not being occupied by boys, excitement for Guppy, and food. ;) Jusssst kidding. Not quite that much. But I do think about it a lot. And in turn, I think about you guys a lot too!

Since you are here, you already know about what goes on for the most part. So, I'm going to address something that's been on my mind for the past week or so. People (you know who you are, probably, you best feel guilty) have been making fun of me being a blogger! Guys. That's not cool. NOT COOL. It's NOT a journal/diary. It's not. I talk about a lot of things. Yes, I do talk about personal things, because people like to read that. And it's also nice to have a place to talk about and stuff. But, I don't treat this like a journal. At least, not in my mind. 

It's my creative outlet! It's a place for me to come and get my creative juices flowing and it helps me clear my head. Writing things out like this helps me figure out what I'm actually thinking and feeling. Plus, it's helped me to discover that I have a passion for writing! Informal writing, obviously. In school, I never really had the opportunity to write like this, so I never really knew that I liked it. I never thought of it before this, which is weird, because I read so much. Every once in a while, when I'm feeling especially tumultuous all up in here ("here" being my brain), I sit down, open a draft and just blog it out. I almost never ever post it, but it's nice to get it OUT of my brain and into something a little more concrete. 

I think that no one should EVER be made fun of for doing what makes them happy. Creating something. Creation, especially when it's for other people can be STRESSFUL and HARD. So if someone has taken the time to make an effort, you really shouldn't make jokes.

So, that's what I do. I blog. And I love it! And someday, SOMEDAY, I may even become a Youtuber. The idea is there. It's planted. But, I'm a little bit scared of technology and the whole business of editing the videos. And I feel like I need some sort of class or book or something to teach me how because I won't learn everything I need to know by finding things myself. I'm just... a paranoid learner. Also, I hear it takes a lot, A LOT of time. And... I don't know if it's quite to the point that it's something I would dedicate all my time too yet.

Anyway, hope everyone has a lovely week! Thanks for stopping by. 

Cheers,
     Reille K.

P.S. "Guppy" is my brother's unborn baby, for those of you who are new-ish. I feel like I've mentioned it before... but, that's been his nickname since I found out my sister-in-law was pregnant. They have a pretty concrete name NOW, but that's only happened within the last like, week. :) I'M SO EXCITED. June 15. Eeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)