Wednesday, February 6, 2013

what a 'hair'y situation

I tried to be punny... it didn't work very well. 

Today, we'll be talking about my HAIR. 

Lame, I know. But it's my blog, so I can do what I want! 

We're talking, my most recent-ish of hair histories. From the beginning of tenth grade (what a NIGHTMARE) to now. 

No judgements. Okay? Okay. 

Let's get cracking! 


This was my hair relatively close to when I began high school. Short. Black. Zero layers. And my bangs were a hideous version of straight across bangs. It was... less than flattering. The overall hair shape wasn't too bad, except the bangs. Those were... no. But, the stark contrast between my extremely white skin and jet black hair? Yikes... Also, I had a small little panic attack when it set in what I had done. My hair had been brown and similar to what it is now, but a bit shorter. You'll see it later on. 

Look at that SASS! ... Kill me. 
This is the awkward beginning of high school panic cut grown out a smidge. You can see the obvious roots and just... not a cute year for me. 


Then it grew out and I cut it like this! Basically, the same way I had had it before the weird stage. SUUUUUPER thinned out, lots of layers, swept bangs. This is my go to look. 


This is a bit longer than the last one, and right before I did this... 


BLONDE STREAK! 


Look Ma, I got some blonde in my dark brown hair! 


Seriously, guys. This is the hair style and color that I had for a good two years. I re-dyed the blonde I think only once, since when it grew out, it was underneath a bunch of layers, so you couldn't tell. But I kept dying my hair a dark brown for a while (also my go to color, by the way). I find it to be a good medium between my natural and the black. It suits my skin tone MUCH better, but still makes my eyes really FIERCE. 

So, the last time I dyed my hair was the week before graduation... making it... seven months since the last time I colored and almost as long since the last cut... I got lazy again and haven't had my hair trimmed since like... July. No big, right?  Anyways, my hair NOW. I am really lazy about my hair. I just don't see a lot of value in doing my hair... ha! It looks fine when it's natural, so why not do that? Let's talk about just HOW lazy I am...



This really cute, curled hair? 14 minutes. 



Straightened hair? 7 minutes. (Gahh, look at how LOOONGG my hair is!) 



 My natural, usual hair (literally, it's a big deal for me if I do my hair). MAYBE one minute. Woooo. 

I'm seriously, so lazy. Some days, I even wake up, brush my hair once, and call it good for the rest of the day. It looks the same if I shower or get my hair wet, so... why not?  But... I've made the decision... 

I'm cutting my hair. *painful gasp* I know. 

Like, a legit hair CUT. Not a trim. It's a big deal. Since the last time I did that... things didn't go so well. 

I'm planning on making this happen next week. But, it could be even the NEXT week depending on the schedule of the girl who I want to cut my hair. 

Guys, I'm really nervous about this. My hair is my baby. I'm really lazy about it, but insanely attached. Like, oh. I'm weird, you get over it. 

I'm really going to miss the crazy, hobo hair days. 

I'm going to miss my hair grazing my arm beneath my sleeve.

I'm going to miss my hair getting stuck in everything. 

And it being in the way ALL the time.

I'll definitely miss having long, luscious locks. 

But, it's good. I'm ready to have a different hair style. I'm ready to start over again, after all, if I hate the short-ish hair, I know it'll take around four years, probably less since I'm not going quite as short, to grow it back out! 

Anyway, thanks for sticking this one out, if you did. 

I hope you have a lovely day! 

Cheers, 
    Reille K. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)