Thursday, December 27, 2012

It's been rough.

It's been a rough couple of days, guys. I mean, it was Christmas and all, which was good. And I was fine with my wisdom teeth until I woke up this morning having gone three hours without any pain meds. That super sucked. But I'm not talking about that stuff right now.

I'm talking about my dog. He's pretty old, around 13 years old in human years. We got him the February of 2000, which was when I was in Kindergarten. So this dog has been around for the majority of my life. His name is Brinkley, and he's a mutt. The cutest mutt you've ever seen, mind you. He's a German Shorthair Pointer mixed with a Healer. He looks like a German Shorthair, but has the legs and ribcage of a Healer.



He's been pretty sick for about a week, probably even longer. And the past few days, he's just completely fallen apart. He can't walk by himself anymore, he's not eating or drinking. He won't even wag his tail or give kisses. And as much as it breaks our hearts, we're putting him down tomorrow at 2:15. It'll definitely be one of the worst days ever tomorrow. It's the anniversary of my Grandpa's death, and I'm saying my farewells to Clayton, and my final goodbyes to the best dog ever. December 28th is just, a really rough day.  

And since I just can't think of anything else to say right now, plus the fact that I can barely see the screen through my tears, here are a bunch of my favorite pictures of Brinkley. 














The last six are from the last day or two and you can tell he's just not all there anymore. He's tired. 

And I don't know what Fritz is going to do without him. They're best friends. 



I sure am gonna miss that guy. Tomorrow's gonna be rough. 

**Luckily, he didn't even make it to the vet. He died this morning sometime between 5-7 AM. Which I prefer, actually. Since he died in the safety of his own home, without being at some random vets office, all scared and confused. He went peacefully and it was definitely his time. Not the BEST thing to wake up to, but I think I knew it was going to happen. I couldn't fall asleep last night, and I wish I would have slept on the floor next to him. We haven't figured out what to do with his body yet, so he's in the garage, wrapped up in his blanket. I went out to see him, because I felt like I needed to. I needed to see him so my brain didn't continue thinking, "Oh, he's just outside. He'll want to come inside in a bit." The house definitely feels emptier without him. He was the greatest dog, and I already miss him terribly. But it's not the last time I'll see him. Heaven wouldn't be heaven if Brinkley weren't there. 

1 comment:

  1. Aw reille. I'm so sorry. I just teared up a little reading this :(

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me. :)