Wednesday, December 26, 2012

"If you give me swine flu...

 I will kill you." Those were the words that began my greatest friendship, possibly of all time. I'm not sure exactly how or when Clayton and I became best friends, but that's what we are. And I sure am glad it happened. He's moving this week, and I think in my head I've tried to suppress all the anxiety and sadness that comes along with it. But we exchanged our Christmas presents on Saturday and it finally hit me. He wrote me a letter thanking me for my friendship and all the sentimental junk that I'll miss so much. Not that we will no longer be friends or grow apart (I would NEVER let that happen)when he moves... but it will be much longer between those late night talks, staring out over the valley for hours, and being completely ridiculous together. And I'll miss that. We talked about treasuring every moment that night, and I really do. I treasure every moment of our friendship.

Pictures? There aren't very many, but I think yes. :) 




Pretty sure we subconsciously refused to take a perfect picture on my camera at graduation... 


Then this happened... we ended up going to Denny's like this, and we were the coolest ones there. ;) "Would you like some lemonade, hot chocolate... some milk?" You can also see the blanket I made for him last Christmas on the right there. It's gigantic and super warm. You're welcome.:) Do you see what I mean by acting ridiculous together? 




And this year, Clayton gave me a pillow with a pillowcase that he made. And I love it! It's blue and covered with different colored whales... which you can see in the pictures... And it's so fluffy, I could die! Look at it! that's my hand, which, my hands are a little small, but it's like two of them! And since whales are his favorite, it'll be a good reminder of him every single day. Not that the pillowpet he gave me... two years ago? isn't already, his name is Charles :). In case you haven't noticed, we have a thing for bedding and aquatic animals when it comes to presents. And I love it! 

I sure am going to miss him. But I'm gonna go down and visit him in May. And he'll probably be up here semi-often. But just knowing that he isn't less than five minutes away, just right up 1600 North... that'll be hard. 



But I was my super dorky self and as part of his Christmas present, I got us bestie keychains that look like that ^ up there. Cute, right? I have always loved myself a compass rose. And I told him, "no matter how far apart we are physically, we'll always find our way back to each other." (not in those exact words, because I didn't want to cry, which I was so close to). And it's true. He's the best friend I've ever had. He's loved me unconditionally, even when I didn't deserve it. I haven't always been the mostly lovey dovey dork face that I am, and he's definitely helped me get there. He's shown me that I AM capable of being loved, because I haven't always been so sure of that. He's a constant reminder that my weirdness is what makes me who I am, and that it's completely fine to be that way. Normal, even. We've helped each other through countless problems, issues, emotions, and I couldn't have asked for a better friend.            He's exactly what I didn't know I needed in a best friend.
And I'm so thankful for that. 

This is also my 100th blog post! And I don't think I could have picked a better topic than my bestie. Both Clayton and my blog are really important to me, and I love it when those two things come together in any way. So yay for 100 posts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)