Thursday, April 25, 2013

My life as a teen novel.

It's weird, isn't it? How with one conversation you can feel instantly connected with someone you felt you had lost touch with? Or how with another person, one conversation can make you feel more distant than ever before?

I always read about things like this in the many teen romance type novels I've poured over throughout the years, but I never expected it to happen to me. I never thought that my life would be like the books in any way, even though I very much so wanted it to be. The fairytale romance has always gotten me. But this? I never thought would happen to me. The situation where the best friend betrays or upsets them in some way and they "grow apart". In some cases, this makes their relationship stronger than ever before. But in others, it tears their relationship into tiny litte pieces, too small to put back together.

For a while, I had been feeling... I guess you could say, neglected, by my best friend. I sat around waiting for him to make time to talk to me, call me, text me, anything. And it made me feel really lonely. I'm usually a pretty anti-social type person. I think it's probably classified as an Introvert. I'm the girl who would generally rather stay in and read a book or do things on my own. But, there are times when I get in this funk, where all I want to do is TALK to someone. And Clayton is the person that has been my go to for a long time. So, I made up excuses in my head. Reasons, to be mad at him. Because being mad at him was easier than missing him. And then one day, I realized how ridiculous I was being. I wanted to talk to him, so why didn't I just talk to him? And bam, with one conversation, over texting even, and I feel ten thousand times better about everything. I miss him a little less. I got over my fake anger towards him. And, I remembered that no matter how long between the times we talk or see each other or whatever, we understand each other in a way that can never fade or be forgotten. I remembered that Clayton is my forever friend, and nothing is going to change that.

I think, I put off being the one to talk to him because... what if? What if, for some reason, it wasn't like that? What if we didn't feel instantly connected again? What if we had changed too much to stay friends? Or one of us just wasn't feeling it anymore? It wouldn't be the first time that had happened... The possibilities of these things scared me.

But, in the end, it was worse not to know. So, I texted him.

Sometimes I forget just how great the people in my life are. And how much I need them around. But, I also forget that keeping people around takes effort on my part. Which, I'm RUBBISH at. I'm rubbish at staying in touch with people who aren't in my life every single day. Or at least on a regular basis. But, relationships take work, right?

Anyway, I hope you have a lovely day! Thanks for stopping by!

Cheers,
     Reille K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)