Wednesday, November 14, 2012

"We shouldn't be allowed in public."

That's me and my bestie last Monday night. We should NOT have been allowed out in public. Except, that we had an incredible adventure that I wouldn't trade for the world. Let's rewind back to September...

I bought shark footies. For a footie pajama party where there would be hot-tubbing and footie pajamas. I was really excited because I hadn't seen or been with these humans since graduation, and I missed them, even if I hated that I did. But, I was mostly excited that I had a pair of footies. And that they were SHARKS. Because we all know that I LOOOOOVE sharks. After that night, I never wore them again...

Then, last Saturday, I was just minding my own business at work when my bestie, Clayton, tried to scare me and I caught him. We talked for a few minutes, then he noticed the footies behind me and he said that the ones in boys were too small for him. (When he was trying to find me, he asked the opinion of my Team Lead on if they would fit him. He's MUCH too tall for that business.) He tried those on anyway. They didn't work out. Then, I was like, Clayton, try on the shark ones! Duhhhh. So he did. They fit him. He loved them. And then he bought them. 

Monday night, Clayton came over to my house after work clad in his footies and the quilt (the giant quilt) I made him for Christmas last year. Which was the perfect touch, by the way. And we sat there for a few minutes with my mom and grandma watching the last of the show my mom was watching on DIY (my mother and her DIY...). Then we did this: 


And obviously I have the worst balance of anyone in the world, and Clayton has really good balance. After the pictures and deciding which photogrid and insta filter to use and uploading and all that junk, we started Percy Jackson. Ohh, we love that movie. Do you realize how famous all those humans are? Because we did last night. And we both really really love Logan Lerman. Then we ate some mints from Sonic that my dad had brought home and we decided that we wanted tots from Sonic... so we got in the car and had the idea to go somewhere that we had to go INTO for food. So to Denny's we went. From the second we got out of the car, people were laughing at us and we definitely got noticed. Our waitress, or simply just "tress", loved us a lot. And we invited her to our friendship. She started out with asking if we wanted, "Hot Chocolate, Strawberry Lemonade... or some Milk?" Then the whole night consisted of us being really weird. And laughing A LOT (let's be real, when are Clayton and I NOT laughing a lot?) And people staring at us from across the restaurant. And eating a sandwich that was literally as big as I could open my mouth. And needing a GALLON of ranch (Denny's has really good ranch, by the way)... (And DELICIOUS seasoned fries). They also have Hobbit food. In case you were wondering. 

But really. It was just great. We went back to my house and watched the rest of Percy Jackson, where I ended up on the floor, like I always do. And forcing Fritz to cuddle with Clayton. And just, an all around good time. And at the end of that night, I realized something. I have the best best friend a human could ever ask for. It'll be a really sad day when he moves to St. George at the beginning of the year. But that's okay, because it means that I get to come visit him! 

Cheers, 
        Reille K. 

1 comment:

Talk to me. :)