Sunday, November 18, 2012

A tribute of sorts, I suppose.

Hey!

I wasn't planning on including this in my post for today, but Carlee wrote or quoted or whatever something really really great. Which you can find here. Go read it. I very much enjoyed it.

Back to my original purpose.

Today in church, I was one of "those people who cry".

Here's how it started. There was a baby blessing. Not just any old baby in the ward, but my favorite young women's leader's baby. That little baby is absolutely adorable, her name is Raemee and her older sister Addie is my bestie in Nursery. She likes me best and I like her best. Anyway. The second Shawn (the little girls' dad and Kim's husband) started blessing little Rae, I could barely contain myself. I was filled with the Spirit and I was really happy for them. I started thinking about how amazing it is that the men of this church have the priesthood. I thought about Shawn in particular though. Over the time that I've known the Stinson's, I've noticed a few things about him. I see how much he loves his wife. I see how much he loves his daughters. I love their relationship. I see that in everything he does, he honors his priesthood. And I want my {someday} husband to be just like him. I don't know if that sounds weird, but it's true. I just love seeing people who are AMAZING examples of this gospel, and the Stinson's are definitely those people to me.

Anyway, I teared up during that, then once the organist started playing the Sacrament hymn, I shed real, hot tears. It was hymn 194- There is a Green Hill Far Away. Which has always been one of my favorites. It was sung at my grandpa's funeral, which happened when I was four years old. But I still remember it to this day. All of my older girl cousins sang it. But, I could barely contain myself. I mean, it wasn't like I was sobbing, but I definitely had no mascara left after that. I've just had a really rough week. And I felt so much love from my Heavenly Father today and I am just so darn grateful. I really needed it today.

I'm so so grateful for this Gospel in my life. I would be completely lost without it. And I'd definitely be a crabby old hermit. That's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)