Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gratitude, Sentiments, and Junk (part three)

Okay. This is it. This is the last of my 30 things I'm grateful for. I hope you've read the others. If not they are here and here. This process has made me realize just how blessed I am. And I really am grateful for all these things. Anyway. Here are the last ten. 

21- Music. It can create so many emotions, calm them, intensify them. It can say the words I can't bring myself to. It sometimes puts my own emotions into words in a much more beautiful way than I myself ever could. Sometimes it puts emotions I didn't even know I had into words. I just LOVE music. 

22- Silence. I may be grateful for music, but I'm also grateful for silence. Sometimes, you just need to chill, and turn EVERYTHING off. It's amazing just how much you can hear when everything is silent. 

23- My bathtub. I literally take a bath every night. It's so relaxing. I sit in the tub and read, usually. On the off chance that I'm not reading something, I sit there and talk to myself. Don't judge. You all know you talk to yourself too. You have imaginary conversations with people and say the things you could never say to their face so you can get it off your chest. Or you rehearse a conversation that you are trying to get the nerve to have. Or you're daydreaming about a conversation you really want to have but doubt will ever happen. 

24- Toothbrushes/toothpaste. I can't STAND the feeling of fuzzy, plaque-y teeth. I probably brush more than the average human should some days. It drives me absolutely insane. 

25-America. Let's be real here, guys. Just because Obama was re-elected, does NOT mean that the second coming is going to happen RIGHT NOW. And Obama is not a communist. Stop it. You're being ridiculous. We are not a nation of Democrats and Republicans. We are a nation of AMERICANS. Just be happy that we're free. Take an hour and research a country or two, maybe watch the movie "Invisible Children", and get over yourself. Our lives are pretty plush, even when they suck. Give Barack a break! How about you be President? I can't imagine it being the easiest job. So relax. In a week you won't even care anymore. ...Sorry about that little rant there... but I really am grateful to live in America. I know I talk about leaving to England or somewhere around there (as in Scotland, Wales, Ireland [probably not so much Ireland...]) just because those places absolutely fascinate me, and I really like the idea of going back to my roots and the incredible adventure that would be. But really. America is great. I am definitely PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN. Word. 

26- The troops. They are INCREDIBLE. The sacrifices they make are insane. My brother-in-law is in the military and has been deployed... twice? Thrice? in the seven years he's been married to my sister. And I have seen first hand, not only my sister, but other military spouses, and they are some of the strongest people ever. I just... I don't think I could ever do it. All forms of military, whether it be the actual Soldiers, their spouse, their children, their parents, siblings; All of them, AMAZING. And I'm so grateful for all of their sacrifices to keep our country free. 

27- Nature. It's so beautiful! Even when it's snowy and gross (mostly because I just hate the snow, ironic, right?) it glitters and feels so clean. It's all self-sustaining. Nature knows what's up, if you really think about all the little bits and pieces of that puzzle. Just... amazing. Grateul. 

28- A place to call home. There are a lot of people who don't have a home, don't feel like they belong there, have a "bad home life", etc. And I've never had that. I'm so grateful that my home has always been a little haven, especially my bedroom. After a long day, it's good to come home and feel that weight just immediately lift. Simply because you're at home. And coming home after you haven't been there for a while? Ahhhh. One of the greatest feelings ever. 

29- My bed. 'Nuff said. 

30- My ability to create. Now, I can't draw worth peanuts. But crafy type things? Ceramics (most of the time... heh...)? I can do that business. And lately I've been super into mosaics. Those? I can do those. I love that I have a creative outlet that I can let all those emotions out into the world through. And I suppose, now that I think of it, blogging is creating as well. This kind of goes hand in hand with being grateful for art. I love that I can participate in creation, which is so much bigger than just myself. 

There you have it! Something for every day of November. I hope you've enjoyed and maybe been reminded of some things that you yourself are grateful for. Like I've said before, tell me what you're grateful for. I loooooove hearing from you guys! Have a wonderful day! 

Cheers, 
     Reille K. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)