Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It's been a while since I wrote a post about my bestie... :)

Just a few things...

First: I know you don't care but, I haven't showered for five days. I didn't think it was that bad until I really thought about how long it had been. Don't be mistaken though, I've taken many a BATH since then. But baths are for relaxing and reading. Not for getting clean. And I feel like a nasty, greasy, ball of disgusting. In fact, the second I'm done with this post, I'm taking a shower. Eesh. 

Second: My bestie comes home from New York City TOMORROW. And I can't even express to you how excited I am. Clayton is probably the first person outside my family that I feel like I can tell anything to and do anything with and we'll still be forever friends. And yes, this is probably going to end up being one of those "my best friend is better than your best friend" type of things. But really, he is THE BEST. We can communicate without even using real words, complete sentences. This kid is going to be my Man of Honor at my wedding. And it'll be fantastic. Even when he moved away for a few months this summer, and we didn't talk very much, when we finally DID it was like he had never left. 

Don't get me wrong, I know EXACTLY what you're thinking. "They're going to end up married" "They're both secretly in love with each other" blah blah blah. But, that's where you're wrong. Clayton and I have been very honest with each other over the past three years. And I know that since you haven't been there for those conversations, you have no clue. But it just gets a little exhausting after a while. It gets exhausting when you ask someone from high school on a date and they talk about how Clayton and I will end up married while he's on his mission. And I get it, I do. We're extremely close. It's the first thing people think is logical. But, it's not the case with us. Something that Clayton told me (yelled at me really, because it was in the middle of a fight where we weren't necessarily mad at each other as someone else... long story) "I love you but I'm not IN LOVE with you". Truer words have never been spoken. And those words really put a lot of things into perspective for me too. That's our relationship. 

I didn't intend for this post to take that turn... but it did. So, there you are! 

Anyway, I'm really excited to see Clayton on Saturday. We're going to see Perks of being a Wallflower. And we're going to Red Robin (it's our new crawl, since we befriended our waiter, Tyler, last time. It's kinda what we do). And I have been waiting to see Perks since... wait for it... LAST SEPTEMBER. As in, September 2011. That's right. I hadn't read the book or anything, but I noticed that Logan Lerman (who I LOVE) was in production for this new movie, with Emma Watson (who I also LOVE). And I read the synopsis and fell in love immediately. I held off on reading the book until the end of August, because I knew it would make me crazy until I saw the movie. I was right. Anyway. I'll do a review of the movie after I go see it! And it'll be grand and good. 

I had a few other things to talk about, but every time I touch my hair (which is a lot) I'm reminded of how disgusting I am. I'd just like to point out that I have a new tab up top with my bucket list. Feel free to peruse, and if you'd like to help me out with any, let me know! Happy Tuesday everyone! 

Cheers, 
    Reille K. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)