Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Happy (late, as usual) Birthday, Bloggy.

Well, I WAS going to write about how I am a freaking NINJA when I shop at Kohl's, but my pictures won't load. And the post wouldn't be as fun without them, right? What I AM going to talk about is, OH MY GOSH, I MISSED MY OWN BLOGAVERSARY. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! I started this blog on the 8 of September in 2010 because I was avoiding doing my homework... Bless my little heart.

If you'd like to read my first post, you can do that here. Seriously, who did I think I was? I remember writing that and thinking, "I am SO clever! But, no one is ever going to read this or be interested in what I have to say." I mean, I even say basically that in the post! I didn't know what this blog would end up being then, but BOY, I'm glad I did avoid my English homework that day for an hour or two to start my little bloggy here.

I went through periods where I didn't even remember that I had a blog to periods when I literally blogged every day and I couldn't get enough of it. I've over-shared, I've under-shared. I've shared juuuust enough. This blog is my little baby. My slice of solitude and comfort on the internet. The place where I can be heard when I need to be, and the place where I can be silent when I need a break from everything else. It's my single thing where there are NO expectations and I can give as much or as little as I want to in this relationship. This blog has been through EVERYTHING with me for the past three years. I mean, it's been with me since my junior year of high school for heaven's sake! Goodness glaciers! I'm talking about my blog as if it's a HUMAN. Enh, oh well.

I can't believe I missed my own blogaversary, and to be honest, I didn't even know when it was until just now. I thought for SURE it was towards the end of October. Woops. Then again, I have NO idea when my anniversary with Clayton is... and he's my best friend. Ha!

I love that I have somewhere to come and express myself in any way that I see fit. I was talking to a friend... at church the other day about running and he said, "If you have to ask someone WHY they run, you'll never understand the answer." To which I responded, "If you'll never understand, then why ask?" And I wanted to kick myself after he answered with this, "Because it gives them the opportunity to express themselves." DUH, REILLE. Me, someone who is SO into expression, didn't see that for myself. And it opened my eyes a lot to how we should interact with those around us. It's not about US, it's about THEM.

Anyway...

I guess I just wanted to celebrate a little bit, because I think this is one of the few things that I have ever been so passionate about for this long of a period of time, overall. And that's pretty special, don't you think?

What are you guys passionate about? What do you feel has changed the way you see/react/interact with the world around you? How do you express yourself?

I hope we can all get through the next few days. I for one have to work this weekend (BOOOO.) But hey! We get to enjoy Conference this weekend, so there's something to look forward to. :) I'm REALLY excited for it this time.

Cheers,
     Reille K.

Oh, hey. Thanks for sticking around, you guys. And reading my blog and stuff. It really does mean a lot to me. A SPECIAL shout out to Ruth. This girl has been here since the very first post, as you can see if you go to it. First ever commenter, and really, one of the few who actually does. I just love you, Ruth. You're fantastic. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)