Wednesday, October 23, 2013

5 of my favorite...

BOOKS. I love reading, because it's a way to escape this world and be part of any world you choose, if only for 15 minutes. No matter what book you're reading, it's magical, in that sense. Here are 5 of my favorite books/authors.

1. Sarah Dessen... is my ALL TIME favorite author and there are only two books of hers that I don't love reading and re-reading until I am falling apart. I can only ever remember that I don't like Dreamland and I can never remember the other one until I start reading it. But I especially love The Truth about Forever and Just Listen and Along for the Ride. And let's be real, pretty much all of her books. They just... they get me.

2. Harry Potter... I love all of them. It's been a while since I read them, simply because I know it will make me a little bit sad. This is one of the few instances where I think the movies did the books justice to a certain point. Like, I love the movies just as much as I love the books. And really, who doesn't love Harry Potter? They do magic and save lives and there are super cool creatures left and right and it's just awesome, okay?

3. Divergent... by Veronica Roth. And while we're at it, Insurgent (the 2nd book in the series) and Allegiant (the 3rd book) just came out too. I just started Allegiant but so far, it's living up. Like, it literally JUST came out. This week. It's a dystopian novel about a society that is split up into "factions" and there's a faction centered on selflessness, happiness, learning, fearlessness, and... telling the truth. It's a perfect blend of the teen romance stuff to keep the girls reading and the action-y, fighting bits to keep boys reading.

4. The Mortal Instruments... by Cassandra Clare. I find those books absolutely marvelous as well. I just love the concept and I love the demons and angels and all that jazz. I still haven't seen the movie, because I don't want to see the actors as the characters when I re-read them. And I feel like these could go under this as well, The Time-Clock Princess series, it's a spin off of The Mortal Instruments. I actually like the Princess series more, because I prefer the Victorian era and the enemy. But, they're both wonderful.

5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower... by Stephen Chbosky. Goodness Glaciers, I just love that book. And I think the movie COMPLETELY lives up to the book. Seriously, go read it and cry and be happy and laugh. It's the saddest, most beautiful, and yet happiest book ever. I absolutely love it.

I totally cheated and said WAYYY more than 5 books or authors. Ha! But these are pretty much all of my favorite books. If you read one because of this, let me know how you like it! :)

Cheers,
Reille K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)