Wednesday, October 16, 2013

here's to a day off...

I mean, right? It's the best day of the week, my days off. And waking up at 5:30 every other day of the week can get a little... well, for lack of a better word, lame and exhausting. I know that I CAN get up early, but that doesn't mean I WANT to get up early all the time, right? No matter what though, I will probably never go back to the whole sleeping in until 1 in the afternoon thing. I just don't see that in my cards anymore, since right now I can't sleep past 8:30 or 9 and that's pushing it. Which, I am COMPLETELY fine with, I get WAYYY more done and it's great.

Do you know what I was planning on doing today? Waking up at 7, going for a walk around the block just to get my blood flowing and my muscles warm, and then doing yoga. Well, I woke up at 7. It's still dark outside... not exactly the safest environment for just me and Fritz to go for a short walk. The saddest part about waking up early and going to work is that even though I'm awake, I still have no idea when the sun rises, and I never get to watch the earth wake up. For most of my life, I didn't even realize that I would enjoy that. But, once upon a time, Clayton and I decided to be super bad-a and go stalk our favorite teacher a little bit. It was really a stake-out to check out if he brought a bag to school so Clayton could be him for Halloween, but still, kind of weird. We got up SUPER early (not as early as I get up now, but when you're used to waking up at like, 7, it was EARLY), and I got us some hot chocolate and donuts and we met at the school. We sat in front of his classroom and waited. How adorable are we? Or creepy, you can take it either way. The point is, on our way to the school, we both had the same thought, of how gorgeous the dawn was. It was still dark outside, but the feeling of the morning darkness was different. A different energy surrounded me. And I really liked it.

I'm a little bummed that it's still dark outside right now. Just because I hate the tredmill. Which is my option right now. And also the cold. But I was just going to deal with that one. I think I might just do it anyway. Haven't decided yet, but either way, IT WILL BE DONE.

Cheers to the morning time,
                               Reille K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)