Monday, July 25, 2011

Not your average love triangle!

book #9- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Not the cover of the version I read, but this is definitely my favorite. I really like it, my kinda style. :)

Wuthering Heights is not just a love triangle, it's one big hot mess. Everyone's in love with everyone and it's crazy. And the weirdest part? They're pretty much all related. The book is basically Nelly (the housekeeper/nurse... lady) telling Mr. Lockwood (a tenant at the Grange) the whole story of Heathcliff. So really, you're reading it almost as if Nelly is telling the story to you. The beginning of the story is when Heathcliff is a little boy and comes to live with the Earnshaws and ends pretty much when he dies, so it's a pretty long stretch of time that gets put into one book. I don't really know how to summarize it, mostly because so many many things are going on at the same time and it's all just a crazy mess that you can't summarize without spoiling the whole thing. I think I would recommend this book. It's definitely interesting. If the romance doesn't do it for ya, then learning more about the culture from that time period might! It certainly was fun for me to learn about. And I asked my dad sooo many questions about what they did and such, it was great. Anyways, my next book is The Grapes of Wrath, which is set in the depression...? I believe... so hopefully it's a good one.

(Sorry everything is so gray and dull! But I reaaaally liked that cover!!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)