Monday, April 30, 2012

Oh, the future is near!

Let's start off with a little picture of sorts, yeah? 
And I'm SCARED TO DEATH. I don't want one of my best friends to move away to Logan. In a MONTH, basically. I don't want to NOT see all my friends. As much as I say I don't want to see all the people at school after we graduate, I'm still going to miss them. I feel like I'm barely getting to know them, and I doubt I'll see... any of them again, really. I used to say I wanted to grow up, I thought it would be easy. Well, it's not. I'm barely even growing up and I don't like it. Which brings me to...

Once upon a time, as I was falling asleep last night, this idea came into my head and it seemed like a really, kinda great idea. Here it is... "Don't go to college right away. Why should I? What is my motive for doing it right away?" Then I proceeded to weigh the pro's and con's of going in the fall and deferring for a semester or two. Pro's of deferring: MONEY (which gets like, five or six points towards pro's alone), I don't have to leave Minnesota early (which is kinda lame, but I really want to go to the Minnesota State Fair! And be with my sister on her birthday!), And I guess it's mostly the money thing. Cons: I was really only going because that's what society does after high school, I just don't have any money right now, and even working all summer, it won't be enough for even one semester. 
All in all, I think I made the right decision. 
My parents support my decision, so I think it's not too shabby of an idea. 
It's not like I'm never going to go to college. 
I WILL go to college. 
Why go into debt right out of high school when I don't really have to? 
I feel good about it. It's an EXTREME weight lifted off my shoulders. 
Once I get through my AP test next week, I think I'll be virtually stress free. Mostly. 

Now, I just have to decide if I want to stay in my home ward, and if I do, stay in Young Women's or go to Relief Society. OR go to Single's ward. A decision I have to make because I'm now 18. Which is probably what spurred me into my above decision. The fact that I am LEGALLY AN ADULT. Which is scary. 

I should go study for my AP test. Even though I don't really want to. But I HAVE to. 
So.
Goodnight!

xoxo, Reille K. 


I really just kind of love this picture. There is a whole story about Alot somewhere on the big old web, but I don't really want to go find it right now and I need to go study. But enjoy! He's so cute! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)