Thursday, January 14, 2016

respond and move on.

I'm going to get really real. I have this problem where I obsess about things that I have no control over. Like, hardcore. I tend to live in the future a lot and daydream my life away. And I want specific things to happen at specific times and honestly, life just doesn't happen that way.

I will confess, I am obsessing over a boy... big surprise! I will not allow myself to text them until I am responding to their text message. That helps me to obsess just over them and not over whether I am being crazy and clingy or not. SO. That's a thing. I think that's been one of my biggest downfalls in the past, is that I just obsess over it and I overthink and I try to analyze how they are going to respond to what I'm saying if I say it THIS way over THAT way. I am also just responding with the first thing that comes to mind, regardless of how flirty or overly smart or even smart-ass-y it may sound. And that my friends, is one of the best things I've ever done for myself. I just respond and move on. No censorship. No worrying about how they are going to take it. No worrying about if that will indicate to them that I like them (hi, that's the WHOLE POINT). And it is MARVELOUS. It will all work out in the end, just the way it's meant to.

One thing that I have been trying to do is to leave my phone in my room when I'm not in it. (Which, makes it so I leave my phone at home and then my best friend calls with IMPORTANT NEWS and I miss her call... but it's fine, I called her back and we freaked out together.) Because if my phone is next to me, then I am constantly checking it to see if someone has texted or called me and I somehow missed it when my phone was sitting right next to me the whole time? Or I am hopping on Instagram or Twitter or Pinterest just to see what's new since the last time I checked it like 20 minutes ago. AND I DRIVE MYSELF CRAZY DOING THAT. So, I'm working on not having my phone be attached to my human at all times. And that seems to help.

Another thing that seems to be working is distracting myself with a project or a movie. I've been having a Harry Potter Marathon (RIP Alan Rickman) with my parents and sorting my pin boards at the same time and that has kept my brain mostly occupied (except when I sort quotes that are all lovey and they make me think of the thing I am trying not to obsess over). Oops.

What are things that you do to help you not obsess/worry over things that you have no control over?


all the love.
cheers,
reille k. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)