Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Harry!

Think you're a PotterHead? Well, compared to me, you're NOT! Today, my friends, is my dear friend, Harry Potter's birthday. And how glad I am that he was born! Technically he was only born from the mind and onto a page, but he has come alive in millions of people's imaginations, and on film, therefore, legit. Harry Potter is responsible for the literacy of my generation (in my opinion), and I can't imagine my life without him and his band of crazies.

I absolutely love Harry Potter. In all shapes, colors, forms, everything. I've read those books over seven times each, I'm even re-reading them right this moment! I've watched the movies countless times. I have Ron's howler MEMORIZED. "Ronald Weasley! How dare you steal that car! I am absolutely disgusted! Your father's now facing an inquiry at work, and it's ENTIRELY your fault! If you put another TOE out of line, we'll bring you STRAIGHT HOME! Oh and Ginny dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor, your father and I are so proud. *the sound that it makes when you stick out your tongue and blow, you all know the sound* *rip, rip, shred, shred*. Great, isn't it? I feel like I'm missing a part, but I'm pretty sure I got it all.

Anyway, this post is for them. Harry, Ron, and Hermione. As well as the many other characters in the books that won my heart. I legitimately cry when any of them die. Like Hedwig, I lost it. I still lose it. Every. Time. Harry Potter has been part of my life for as long as I can remember. And it will forever live on in my heart.



I watched this earlier today and I teared up. I am just so sad to see this "come to an end". Thank you, Harry Potter. For teaching me so much about life, love, and friendship. I've always wanted a friend like you. :)

If you haven't read the books, go read them. If you have, then I commend you and I hope you love them as much as I do. If you don't, you'll get there someday, just work on it. :)

Cheers,
Reille K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)