Monday, August 8, 2011

A billion and a Half BOOKS to tell you about...

Okay, so I guess it's been a while. Not only since I blogged, but also since I blogged about the books I've been perusing. The last book I told you about was Wuthering Heights, which took me FOREVER to read (forever for me, prolly about average for most) Anyways, since then I've read five and a half books. And I think I'll just do one super long post about the five of them. Hope you're cool with that! :)

First: Tangled by Carolyn Mackler

Basically there are four kids who all go on a vacation to the same place and from this vacation their lives all become "tangled" together. It's split into four parts, each part is narrated by a different person, and it is not as annoying as you might think. I quite enjoyed this book and I really loved it. It could possibly be a little graphic for young readers, so just be aware. 








Second: The Life of Glass by: Jillian Cantor
This book is about a girl's life leading up to and after her father dies. No worries, her best friend is there by her side the whole time, except when he's being a total hobo because he's found himself a girlfriend. Anyways, it's quite a good book. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did, so it might not capture you right away. It's worth the read. :)









Third: In the Company of Crazies by: Nora Raleigh Baskin
This book is about a girl who gets sent to a boarding school of sorts where she's the only girl and blah blah blah. It's kind of a lame book, but I kept reading solely because it's super short. Like, about 100 pages. 









Fourth: Going Bovine by: Libba Bray
This is about a boy who discovers he has mad cow disease. Crazy, right? No really, he's basically going crazy. But honestly? I sorta loved this book. I like that there was a mixture of real and fantasy. Even though you sometimes couldn't tell whether it was real or not, I still absolutely loved it. It's pretty kid friendly, but not so much written for kids that you can't stand to read it if you're not a wee little one. 







Fifth: Going Nowhere Faster by: Sean Beaudoin
This is about a boy who lives in an extremely small town and works at the only video store. He also thinks that someone is trying to kill him. But, no big. No one believes him. His parents are also a little crazy and organic. I really liked it, if my opinion means anything at this point, because there have been very few books that I don't like. But I suppose that may just be because I like a lot of things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)