Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The long awaited announcement.

So, this announcement that I've been hinting at this past few days... It's finally time to tell you guys!

Once upon a time in third grade, my teacher, Mr. Bezzant had a picture of Mt. St. Helens on his wall all year. And he taught us about it. Basically, it's an active volcano and it's really cool and awesome. It lives in Washington.

Also, once upon a time, when I was a Junior in high school, I went on a four day trip to Seattle with my oldest sister for this army thing called Yellow Ribbon. I saw a small percentage of Seattle, since we were in classes for most of the days that we were there. But, it was fantastic. I loved the weather. I loved the culture. I loved Pike's Market Place even though we got there as it was closing. It was frackin' cool.

Once upon a time, I have been really sick of Utah  in general lately. I'm not sure what sparked this sudden need to get outta dodge (actually, it's a LOT of crappy things happening all at the same time. None of which is all that important).

And. I realized this. What am I doing? I can go wherever I want to. I can do whatever I want to. What is keeping me here? I mean, really. What? My family is here, yes, but it's not like they will cease to be in contact with me at all or like, die or something if I'm not in the same place as them. I don't have a boyfriend. My friends will survive if I don't live by them (that's pretty much the case already, so). I won't die if I live alone in some new place, in fact, it's something I've always fantasized about!

So. Here it is. One year from when I certify as a Phlebotomist, I plan on moving to Seattle. Not really the actual city itself, but one of like, the suburbs of it or whatever. So, I guess, just outside of Seattle. So far, from what I've researched, it'll probably be Bellevue, Washington. But, we'll see what it's like when it's closer.

Guys, I'm so so so freaking excited. I'm giving myself a year to save as much as I can. Because, well, it's hella expensive to live there. Let's be real though, it's hella expensive to live anywhere outside of Utah. And I'm not setting a limit or anything on how long I'll be gone or anything, because what's the point of leaving on an adventure like this when you plan on just coming back? There is no point!

I may hate it, but, at least I'll have that experience. I may love it, and never live in Utah again. Either way, I'm doing it for me. I'm doing something that I have ALWAYS wanted to do. And it's going to be awesome. Even if it sucks. It will be awesome.

So there it is for ya.

Have a lovely week! Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers,
     Reille K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)