Saturday, August 9, 2014

this is real life.

I started this week as a CSR, and I love my job, I really do. I love that I get to help people. And I like that I know things that most people don't (because most people don't know anything about insurance because most people don't even think about their insurance until something happens. Fair enough, bro.) call me conceited, but it's true... So I started the week as a CSR, and I ended the week as an Underwriter. They're the people who actually write the policies and decide if someone is a good risk to insure and things like that. And holy crickets, this is my life. 

I got the company-wide email a couple weeks ago that there were two positions opening up, and I considered it, but I have only been there for two months and am I even ready for that?! So I didn't do anything, and I was telling my dad that I wanted to do it, but didn't really feel ready, and there are so many other people who are probably applying, right? And after a course of events, I ended up not only applying, but getting the position. 

Dude, I'm twenty years old and getting a position at an insurance company that usually takes at least a year or more to work up to and are you guys sure you want me for this position? But they see a lot of potential. And they know that I will work hard and learn as much as I can, because I've already shown them that with my current position. And just, wow, this is my life. And it's so crazy right now. 

I am so immensely blessed that I don't even know what to do with myself half the time. Like, I don't deserve to be blessed this much. But we never really feel like we deserve to be blessed, right? It's just amazing to me how quickly life can change. And how quickly you can grow when under the right circumstances. And how quickly we can adapt to a new way of life. I feel like "I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend,". And things are going to be hard, and scary, and sometimes things are going to suck. But hey, the bigger picture is pretty freaking great. And I know that things won't suck forever. And that I will get used to the scary things and they will cease to be scary. 

I feel like I have become a real life grown up, the kind I always daydreamed about being when I was younger, in a few short months. And it's a little bit crazy and weird. And a little bit, "How did this even happen? Who decided that I was ready for this? AM I even ready for this?" But I have a lot of really great people supporting me, and I know that I can turn to them whenever I need to and that they will be there for me. I really am blessed beyond words.

Cheers,
         Reille K. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)