Sunday, September 22, 2013

"She will do great things."

First of all, name that movie, anyone? :) Those were my parting words to Danielle.


How fitting that my 200th post is about her! I think I'm starting a trend, of my hundred milestone posts being about some of my favorite humans in the world.

Package Deal, Trek Sister, Temple Buddy, Danielle, and now Sister Chapman. How lucky am I to have such an amazing friend in my life as this girl? She has been so influential to me over the years, in SO many ways. She let me hang out with her group in 9th grade PE when I had no one else. They gave me rides to school when I had a falling out with my other ride. She always reminded me that the temple is where we need to go when we're feeling down or crazy things are going on in our life. She has blessed my life in so many ways that she probably never even realized. This girl has been my Saving Angel for the past five years, and I don't know what I'm going to do without her here for 18 whole months.

I am SO proud of her and I know that she is going to be AMAZING as a missionary. Her farewell talk? It was a FOUR tissue talk! I was falling apart, you guys! She has always been such a good influence to me and I am so thankful for that. I love this girl to pieces and I'm going to miss her a lot. But, I know she's going for all the right reasons, and I know that this is EXACTLY where she needs to be.

She said in her talk that if you didn't remember anything else she said, then remember this, "The Atonement is real. It can bring anyone back, no matter how far you've traveled." And it's true! I've experienced that in my own life. And it's an amazing feeling.

I've always had Danielle in my life, we grew up together. And it's only been pretty recently that I've realized how much she has done for me. I can't say enough good and wonderful things about this girl!

The last thing I want to share with you guys today, are the words to the opening hymn we sang. I fell apart when we were singing this and couldn't even finish.

Each Life That Touches Ours for Good  #293

"Each life that touches our for good, Reflects this own great mercy, Lord; thou sendest blessings from above, Thru words and deeds of those who love.

What greater gift dost thou bestow, What greater goodness can we know. Than Christ-like friends, whose gentle ways Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

When such a friend from us departs, We hold forever in our hearts. A sweet and hallowed memory, Bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee.

For worthy friends whose lives proclaim Devotion to the Savior's name, Who bless our days with peace and love, We praise thy goodness, Lord, above."

Today was a beautiful day. And I just love that girl. Seriously, guys, she is AMAZING. Those people in D.C. are some lucky, lucky humans.

I hope you all had as great of a Sunday as I did, and I hope everyone has a good week!

Cheers,
    Reille K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)