Sunday, September 29, 2013

A chat about the Single's Ward. Kind of.

I have been struggling to write a post this week. I've started at least two and discarded them because I couldn't get any of them right. But, I think I've got it this time. I'm sure I've talked about it before, but this is my blog and I do what I want. :)

I just want to write about how much I just love the Single's Ward. It has recently been said to me, "You've been there for 8 months and you aren't married yet?!" And I replied with, "What? You don't go to the Single's Ward to get married, you go there so you are with people that are in the same place as you are spiritually." I mean, am I right?

I didn't go to the Single's Ward expecting much. I went because I finally recognized that my spiritual fire was running on the small embers of a dying flame. I wasn't progressing in Nursery. I was still faithful and went to church every week, was worthy to partake of the Sacrament every Sunday, but, I wasn't anywhere NEAR where I needed to be to get anywhere in life. I needed to change something, and I already knew I wasn't going to get what I needed from my home ward; no matter how wonderful all the women in that ward were. I could feel that I wasn't meant to be there anymore, and I think the Bishop could feel that too. Since they released me the same Sunday that I had dubbed as my last in that ward. I didn't know what I was getting myself into, and I had always been apprehensive of the Single's Ward. It freaked me out for some reason that I don't even remember. But it was one of those situations where I was in the dark and I knew that if I took one step forward with faith, God would light my path. It seems almost silly that that principle applied in my choice to change wards. Because, either way, the Gospel is there. But, it's different. The atmosphere is different, and the people are different.

It wasn't until my second Sunday in the Single's ward that I knew I had made the right choice. A member of the Bishopric said that I was here right now, because I had a purpose in this ward and I don't think he will EVER know just how much that seemingly simple phrase means to me even still.

There is not a Sunday that goes by without me feeling an outpouring of the Spirit. And at this time in my life, I need that more than I could ever say. It's absolutely amazing. I was thinking today about where I was when I first came to the Single's ward. And I can hardly believe that I was there. I was in such a... stagnant place. And after the things I had gone through to get into a better place, I was disappointed that I had become complacent. Again. But the Single's ward has changed that. I am being challenged because I have a calling that isn't easy. And I am being challenged because it's expected to be a smidge social and I have to talk to people that I normally wouldn't. And there are so many perspectives and insights being shared all the time that I am amazed every time I turn around. I have found amazing friends in this ward that I would have been gutted had I not met.

Guys, more than anything, I wanted to tell you that this Gospel is true. And every day it's becoming more and more evident to me. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without it. Even just the thought makes me shudder. I am so grateful for the lessons I have learned and for the trials and challenges that I have gone through because they are so integral to who I am as a person today. And most of all, I love that this Gospel gives me something to believe in. Something to work towards. A path to follow. Because otherwise, I would be lost. And lost is not a very pleasant place to be.

I hope you all had an uplifting Sunday and that you all have a fantastic week.

Cheers,
     Reille K. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)