Sunday, February 7, 2016

i believe 02.07.2016

Hi there. Today is the first Sunday of the month. If you are LDS, that means it's the day that fast and testimony meeting is held (we abstain from at least two meals and are given an opportunity to bear our testimony in front of the entire ward during Sacrament meeting). I personally am not suuuuper comfortable with bearing testimony in this way, as I am not quite as eloquent when I am SPEAKING as I can be when I am TYPING or WRITING. I know that I SHOULD do it, because it will help me grow as a person and all that. But, I just don't think fast enough. And the thought of going up there without knowing what I am going to even talk about makes me want to vomit. 

But, the member of our bishopric invited us to share our testimony with SOMEONE today, so here I am. And I think it would be a good thing if I did a blog post of my testimony each fast and testimony Sunday. So, hopefully I remember that I am committing to do this. ;)

I want to start by saying that I know this Gospel is true. Without a doubt. I know that I am so blessed because of the choice I have made to stay true to this Gospel, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I know that I have SO much room for improvement, and I can do so much better than I am, but the fact that I am trying, is enough.

I have a testimony of eternal families. I am so happy that I get to be with my goofy family for forever, even when we irritate each other. My siblings have taught me so much from their examples, and have shaped the paths that I have taken without their even knowing it. And my nephews and niece, I just love them SO MUCH. I can't remember what prompted me the other day to think about how I would feel if one of them were to suddenly pass away... I couldn't even entertain the idea because it made me too sad. I feel so much for people that do lose their children and I just want to hold them in my arms and cry with each and every one of them. I'm so happy that I have the knowledge that I do of what comes after death. I mean, I don't know EXACTLY what's going to happen, but I know the general idea. And I know that I will be with my family as I make the right choices. I can live with that and not be scared of death. Sure, I'm still sad when someone leaves, but it's also so exciting for them because they've made it! 

Sorry, that got a little melancholy without my even meaning it to! We are so blessed to have so much technology at our fingertips. What we choose to do with that is so important! Are we going to let our lives pass us by because we are just constantly scrolling through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and repeat? Or are we going to use the technology to connect with those around us and uplift, encourage and inspire? When was the last time you bore testimony on social media? Or is the only indication of your faith to others in your bio? Do  you talk to your friends about the Gospel? Do you use your technology for any family history? Do you use it to Index? Do you follow the church accounts and other positive influences? I know that social media is such a huge HUGE tool for us. And Heavenly Father has given it to us in the time that it would be most beneficial to us and our brothers and sisters of the world. Please, please use it for good. 

A few weeks ago, Elder Nelson gave a devotional about the true meaning of the title "Millenial". The entire time I was thinking of that President Hinckley quote that we have all heard a million times about how we are a chosen generation. It is so true! There are strengths and talents that our generation has that will bring the work about in the most spectacular way. Not that those in older generations aren't just as important; they paved the way for us and they raised this generation. We are all just walking each other home. And that is so important to remember. Even though my generation has some faults (seriously, it's ridiculous sometimes), as I sit in church every Sunday and listen to my peers and their insights and how they are dealing with their struggles and trials and see their faith... I know that we are doing much better than people think we are. Than even WE think we are! And maybe it's just that my ward is SO FANTASTIC. But seriously. Every Sunday is just magical with the Spirit that I am privileged enough to be a part of. I love it. 

Last week I finished the Book of Mormon for the first time BY MYSELF. FOR MYSELF. And you guys, I am SO PROUD of myself. I have never been very good at reading my scriptures, and it did take me multiple years to make it through the whole thing, but I DID IT. It was so cool to do that! Even though it's not my strong suit, I know that the scriptures are true. And reading them definitely makes life just a little smoother. I bought myself a new nice set of scriptures so that I would be more motivated to read, and it has actually helped! My other set is the set that I have had since I was baptized when I was 8... so they had LOOOTS of yucky and distracting markings and stuff from 13 years of use. It was time. I needed a grown up set. :)

Anyway, I think this is long enough for now. :)

all the love.
Cheers, 
   Reille K. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)