Tuesday, December 20, 2011

too many to count. :)

Remember how I couldn't decide what to blog about? Now I have a whole big list of things to say. I would make this really fancy and spend a ton of time on it, but alas, I'm going to a movie in approximately two hours. Ha! 

First: I wrote this in my journal on sunday and it seemed like a good thing to share, especially with my seminary buddies. 
Spiritual Death and Spiritual Rebirth. To be truly converted to Christ, and be able to really come to know Him, we must have a spiritual death. And from this death comes a rebirth. Once you know your lowest low, you can rise to you highest high and be forever converted to the gospel. Everyone has a conversion to the gospel, whether they grew up in the church or not. At one point or another, each and every member has a conversion and is able to come to know the Savior and the Heavenly love that surrounds them at all times. 
This this spiritual rebirth is generally when a lot of people, not all, but a lot, have their conversion. A conversion is that moment when you think to yourself, "This is the GREATEST feeling EVER. I don't know where I would be without this church and I know, without a doubt, that I never want to leave it," and make that silent vow to never sin again. We all make this vow at one point, be it at Girl's Camp, Scout Camp, EFY, or possibly even on your mission. And this vow, is going to be broken. None of us are perfect yet. That's what we are here for. We are here working towards perfection so as to enable us to live with God and Jesus Christ once more.
Then, on the opposite end of the spectrum, there are those who have a gradual conversion. These are those who can't necessarily chalk up their surety of the gospel to one significant moment, but are still able to proclaim to others that they know the truthfulness of the gospel and believe in Christ. This type of conversion is just as wonderful as the big moment conversion, maybe some could perceive it as more wonderful, as this conversion gives more little memories that taste so sweet (yes, memories have flavors, think about it. There are sweet memories, bitter memories, salty memories, etc.). The only thing that really matters is that WE ARE CONVERTED. Most important part. 
Now, if you've had your conversion, and have gone on to lose sight of your goals and your spirituality has dipped down, don't fret. That's what repentance is for! Once you're able to rediscover that desire in your heart, you've taken  the first step towards getting back on the path, which is a great little metaphor for life, when you think about it. Paths can be smooth, bumpy, rocky, there could be thorns, and other various adjectives that are often used to describe paths. Life is the same way. 


It doesn't matter how you get there, as long as you get there.


Second: This is a baby one. But really not, as it pertains to my future... I was officially accepted to UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY!!!!! I'm now an Aggie! I'm sooooooo excited. So so so excited. I can't wait! :)


I'll work on the other subjects, they have pictures and things. :) Plus, I'm super tired. Ice skating takes a lot out of you, especially when you can't do it. 

2 comments:

  1. You're incredible!

    ps YAY FOR UTAH STATE!!! (: (: Atta GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiff! :) You're quite the lady yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me. :)