Thursday, June 6, 2013

Week One of Phlebotomy

I've decided to try and do a weekly update of my phlebotomy class, instead of writing about it all throughout the week. Simply because, I don't want to bore the pants off you. 

So this was the first week, and it's been AWESOME. I've learned so much already and I'm LOOOVING it. One of my favorite things, that I thought I was going to be a little grossed out by, but was still really excited about--AUTOPSIES. We watched... I guess it would be three of them... last night! Oh my goodness! It was so cool and interesting. I was really interested when they cut open the uterus and stuff (you know me! Love me some reproductive organs!) and the woman was ovulating when she died... AH! IT WAS SO COOL. The only part that was a little weird was when they were peeling the skin back off the ribs. That was slightly gross. But otherwise, I was fine! And I was eating Skittles the whole time, so no worries. 

Also, we took our first quiz and I got 100%! I studied really hard, which was weird. Not that I studied, but because I haven't studied for anything since High School. But, it was actually really easy. So, hopefully it stays that way! ;)

We learned about infection control and oh my goodness. I've been extremely paranoid to touch ANYTHING. And I've been really vigilant in proper hand hygiene. Because... dang. I don't want any of those diseases! 

Guys, I'm just really frackin' excited about this. I think it's just what I needed and I think I'm going to rock it. Hopefully, I can stick people with needles. That's the ONLY thing I'm not super sure about yet. But, we start doing that next week! So I'll let you know how it goes! Also, I'll be needing volunteers to practice on pretty soon, so if any of you are interested, let me know! I need as many as I can get. 

Mmkaylikeyoubyeeee!

Cheers, 
     Reille K. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)