Sunday, October 13, 2013

Since I didn't get up in Sacrament...

And bear my testimony there, it seems like this is appropriate. First, because I prefer to express myself through the written word 9 times out of 10. Second, because if it's a choice, I choose NOT to speak in front of people. It's just not my favorite thing in the world. Anyway, here it is.

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about testimony. And specifically the bearing of testimony. It's something that I have never loved doing, even though I know that I have a strong one. And for a really long time, I put myself below others, in terms of loving Heavenly Father, because I wasn't one of those people that could easily share my feelings and have never gotten up to bear my testimony in Sacrament. I always felt like my testimony was something that was sacred and it's like my little baby. Which, it is, but, it's one of the few sacred things in this Gospel that we are MEANT to share. We gain testimony so that we can share it and help others strengthen their own. And I knew all of that, but, I still struggled with finding the courage to say those words in front of people.

It's been pretty recent, like the past few weeks, maybe, that I realized something. Sacrament, or seminary, or institute, or while teaching a lesson-- all these "formal" settings we're used to bearing testimony in, are NOT our only opportunities to bear. I mean, obviously there are also those missionary moments and all that jazz, but I'm talking about something even beyond those. I realized that literally every second of existence, we are bearing testimony. We bear testimony by the way we speak, the way we act, how we treat other humans, the way we work, the way we spend our time, what we do when we're alone, what we do when with friends and family. That is ALL bearing testimony. It's just a matter of if anyone is watching, which, there is always someone watching you, as a member of this church. Either because you're different and you have the Light of Christ and people can see that in your demeanor, or because they are also a member of this church and they are seeing how you are living your life and wondering how strong you are in the Gospel. For reals, I see it and do it every single day. And even if no one HERE is watching us, Heavenly Father and His angels are. Whether we know it or know, we are always examples to those around us, and it's our job to be good ones.

We bear testimony by living the Gospel. We bear testimony by choosing light over darkness. We bear testimony by embracing our own divine nature; by being who we are as divine children of our Heavenly Father.

We have a Heavenly Father who loves us and would do ANYTHING for us, all we have to do is simply ask. And though at times it can seem excruciating to let Him in, and to ask for help (i.e. admit that we are weak, human beings), it will ultimately be the best thing we could ever do. And no matter what we have done, there is always hope for us. If we crack our foundation, we can utilize the Atonement and start over, pour a new foundation.

Guys, this Gospel is true. And I absolutely love it. I can't even come close to imagining how I would function without it. I would surely be even more of a mess than I already am. ;) I just, I love it.

I hope everyone had as wonderful a Sunday as I did, and if not, better luck next week! :) Have a fantastic week, guys. I can't wait, because my partner in crime is back AND I only have to work until noon everyday! It's going to be good, no matter what.

Cheers,
     Reille K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)